Saturday, March 2, 2019

Prezcon 2019 Day 5

It is a little strange to think that I have been playing boardgames everyday for for nearly a week.  I am fortunate to have the opportunity to do that.

While playing a game of Puerto Rico yesterday, I was lamenting the fact that I have been learning so many new boardgames over the last couple of years, that I haven't gotten good at the games.  I haven't explored the depths of the games I have learned, because I have only played them a handful of times.  When I attend my company's monthly boardgame days (we actually have them) or gather at friends' houses to game, it is usually introducing new games.  This involves explaining the rules and trying to quickly grasp some of the mechanics in order to play a decent game.  The games also take longer to play because most of the players will have never played.  I would like, instead, to play a fewer number of games and learn more of the intricacies and strategies of play.

Here is a quick list of the games I played yesterday.  I have an early morning History of the World final to run to.

History of the World
Conquest of Paradise
Puerto Rico
Liar's Dice
7 Wonders 
Epic Wizard Duels

No comments:

Post a Comment